Based on 18 case studies of media companies on six continents, "The Smartphone Choices for Media Companies" synthesizes best practices in smartphone development into a storyline of choices:
- Are smartphone products designed to build new audiences or add value for existing audiences?
- Is the smartphone a complement to other platforms or its own unique experience?
- Is the company objective to build audience volume or fill up a tightly defined audience niche?
- Will the smartphone be used for the core news brand or the development of smaller passion niches?
- Each media company's choices drive the tactical realities of today: Mobile Web or app? Smartphone or tablet emphasis?
"The Smartphone Choices for Media Companies" by INMA looks at:
- Market opportunities for publishers.
- Emerging strategies for publishers.
- A profile of the smartphone audience.
- Trends in smartphone product development.
- Monetisation, notably advertising.
- What publishers see next for the smartphone.
The 145-page report is presented through two lenses:
- A narrative developed by INMA based on the case studies.
- The raw case studies themselves.