At its best practices meeting in Paris this October, OPA Europe members will focus on 'Online Video', and the opportunities/challenges that online video presents to digital publishers.
Presentations, discussions and debates over the two days of meetings will examine content development, issues of infrastructure and distribution, promotion and marketing beyond owned sites, as well as human resources, and structuring and skills development questions.
It will also place great emphasis on revenue generation in the advertising marketplace through different offerings, pricing approaches and effectiveness metrics.
Attending companies include Le Figaro, Le Monde, The New York Times Global, La Repubblica, El Mundo, El Pais, Vocento, La Vanguardia and Lambrakis Press.
On June 26-27, the members of OPA Europe met at the offices of the Telegraaf Media Groep in Amsterdam, to report on company activity in the area of Big Data.
OPA Europe wishes to thank all TMG participants, and in particular, Frank Volmer, Director of National News at De Telegraaf, for the outstanding welcome and organization of the two days of meetings.
After an introduction Thursday morning from Koenraad Bruins, Chief Information Officer at TMG, the members and guests proceded to report on the availability, processing, analysis and revenue potential of an exponentially growing amount of information available to publishers, from a multiplicity of sources and in a multiplicity of formats.
Guests included Bild and Blendle, in addition to TMG participants Upcoming, MyRadio, and Publisher Market.
At its best practices meeting to be held in Amsterdam this June, OPA Europe members will focus on 'Big Data', namely the availability, processing, analysis and revenue potential of an exponentially growing amount of information available to publishers, from a multiplicity of sources and in a multiplicity of formats.
OPA Europe members will present their own case studies as well as discuss and debate different key areas where 'Big Data' is being deployed, such as:
- Journalism, namely the content creation side of the business where greater availability of data in digital form is making possible the unearthing of news stories, if proper tools, skills and processes are in place.
- Marketing , i.e. the selection, collection, processing and analysis of customer data so as to formulate both a CRM framework and develop targeted marketing communications at individual or micro-cluster level.
- Advertising sales, probably the most contentious and complicated area where 'Big Data' comes to the fore, as publishers wrestle with agencies and ad networks over the control of potentially critical information, concerning user profiles and behavior.
On March 13-14, OPA Europe met at the member company headquarters of Corriere della Sera and Il Sole 24 Ore to discuss the 15-24 age demographic, i.e. the emerging generation of users that premium publishers aim to convert to loyal customers of their content and services.
Following a warm welcome from Alceo Rapagna, Chief Digital Officer at RCS MediaGroup, members shared strategies and experiences in a format that was structured, yet allowed time for discussion and exchange with the people who implemented the measures.
Guests included Upcoming and MyRadio from the Telegraaf MediaGroep, and Melty.
The central theme of this benchmarking meeting is the 15-24 age demographic, i.e. the emerging generation of users that premium publishers aim to convert to loyal customers of their content and services.
For two days in March 2014, members of OPA Europe will be presenting their own experiences and learnings while at the same time debating key issues such as:
- research and measurement into preferences and behavior of this segment (audience analytics, profiling, first party registration data etc)
- new content development, tailored to this demographic
- content packaging and related services aimed at 'young users'
- 'mobile / tablet only' products
- community management, user generated content & social media
- promotion & marketing techniques
- revenue generation & advertising sales