On March 13-14, OPA Europe met at the member company headquarters of Corriere della Sera and Il Sole 24 Ore to discuss the 15-24 age demographic, i.e. the emerging generation of users that premium publishers aim to convert to loyal customers of their content and services.
Following a warm welcome from Alceo Rapagna, Chief Digital Officer at RCS MediaGroup, members shared strategies and experiences in a format that was structured, yet allowed time for discussion and exchange with the people who implemented the measures.
Guests included Upcoming and MyRadio from the Telegraaf MediaGroep, and Melty.
The central theme of this benchmarking meeting is the 15-24 age demographic, i.e. the emerging generation of users that premium publishers aim to convert to loyal customers of their content and services.
For two days in March 2014, members of OPA Europe will be presenting their own experiences and learnings while at the same time debating key issues such as:
- research and measurement into preferences and behavior of this segment (audience analytics, profiling, first party registration data etc)
- new content development, tailored to this demographic
- content packaging and related services aimed at 'young users'
- 'mobile / tablet only' products
- community management, user generated content & social media
- promotion & marketing techniques
- revenue generation & advertising sales